Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Beechler Alto MPC

This is a Beechler Alto MPC. It has quite a history. It was originally a 7, but was sent back to the factory to be reduced to a 6. It looks like they just took it down by flattening the table, but did not lengthen the facing. The client wanted it opened back up to a 7. The rails were pretty far out of whack; therefore, I had to take it to an 8. It plays great. Low notes speak well and it is not too bright. Because it had so much prior work, I had to remove quite a bit of baffle work. If you look closely, you can see where I put a ridge down the middle of the baffle. This was done with a Dremil tool. I have found the technique to work quite well on stainless steel mouthpieces. For metal mouthpieces, I like to keep the baffle scratched and rough. (like you see on Dave Guardala's refacing work. I know Dave is in trouble now. Despite the problems, I am influenced by his work. You can be sure that I will do the work you request and return your mouthpiece promptly.

No comments:

Post a Comment